The health of the environment, in particular the climate, has never been more concerning to people all around the world.
And far too often, money used unethically has been a motive and cause of environmental damage.
But money also has the power to make a positive change in the world. And you also have the power to use your money to play a part in that change.
We don’t lend money to large-scale greenhouse polluting activity or companies. And we don’t take money from them either1.
Plus we care for the environment every day as a carbon neutral bank that has offset our emissions to zero2.
So you can bank on us for a wealthy and healthy future - for yourself, the community and our planet.
What we do
- We’re a leader in fossil fuel-free banking.
- The Bank does not use members’ deposits to directly lend to, buy equity or debt in, any large-scale greenhouse polluting activities from fossil fuel exploration, extraction, production and use.
- The Bank does not use members’ funds to finance large-scale greenhouse-gas pollution.
- We have $1 billion of Certified Ethical Investment based on fossil fuel exclusion.
- We’ve achieved net zero emissions buildings via the mandatory installation of solar PV and LEDs and carbon offsets on five owned buildings.
- For six years we have been a carbon neutral bank, and so all members’ accounts are with a carbon neutral bank. Our emissions from electricity and fuel use are offset to zero.