The Design and Distributions Obligations require financial service providers to have a customer-centric approach to the design and distribution of their financial products.
What is a Target Market Determination (TMD)
As an issuer of financial products it is our responsibility to create a TMD for each of our products covered by the Design and Distribution Obligations. Each TMD will describe the:
- Target market: the likely objectives, financial situation and needs of the members for whom the product was designed;
- Distributions conditions: the conditions and restrictions surrounding how the product can be sold and distributed; and
- Reporting requirements: the relevant information that must be provided to us by our distributors within the timeframes specified in the TMD.
Distributors of each of our products covered by the Design and Distribution Obligations must report the information outlined in each TMD within the timeframes specified in the TMD.
If you are looking to report information to us as outlined in our product TMDs’, please email your information to [email protected].
Non-current TMDs - If you require a copy of a TMD that has ceased to apply, please contact us on 1800 472 265.
Third Party Distributors
The Target Market Determinations for our Third Party Distributors can be found under the following links or by contacting them directly.
- Mastercard Cash Passport
- Aussie Bonds: The Target Market Determination is available by calling 1300 851 351
- Allianz: The Target Market Determination is available by calling 1300 139 418